In apartment complexes, balconies and patios are desirable additions that allow you to extend your living space into the great outdoors. With the increasing popularity of ‘work-from-home orders, having a comfortable and attractive outdoor living space has never been more important. Plants, outdoor furniture, and outdoor décors such as string lights, lattices, wind chimes, and other similar objects should be the only things on your balcony or patio.
No matter how big or little your balcony is, you can apply your small balcony ideas for a low-cost balcony in Kazhakootam and Aakulam. By focusing on function and elegance, you can turn your balcony or patio into a fashionable, pleasant outdoor space.
A great balcony or patio renovation begins with a plan, just like any other area. Keep the following in mind when brainstorming apartment balcony ideas, and you won’t go wrong:
- Use: What will you do with your outdoor space? Do you like to unwind with a good book and a bottle of wine, throw parties and eat outside, or exercise your green thumb by starting a tiny garden? Perhaps it’s a mix of all of the above. Spending some time thinking about how you’ll use the space will save you money on stuff you don’t need.
- Design: How do you want your balcony or patio to appear? Are you envisioning a beach-themed room with pastel colours and nautical stripes? Perhaps you want to go for a boho aesthetic with lots of vibrant colours and textures? Perhaps you like a more contemporary look with clean lines and monochrome colours? Regardless of which style you want, having a defined style in mind will help you make decisions and purchases.
- Budget: How much money do you have to put into this project? Establish a budget ahead of time, or things will quickly spiral out of control. You’ll be more likely to make deliberate purchases if you have a budget. Also, keep in mind that you are not required to purchase everything at once. Save up for that one-of-a-kind item and add it to your collection.
It’s critical to plan ahead of time before embarking on a new design project, whether inside or out. Measure your space, decide how you want it to be organized, and draw out a floor plan that includes your tiny balcony ideas. This will guarantee that your balcony interior designs are unified rather than cluttered. You don’t need an architectural degree or expensive software to make a floor plan.
For apartment balconies or patios, privacy is a major consideration. Draperies or curtains can form a barrier between you and your neighbours while also providing some shade. A more durable option is lattice or trellis panels, which provide privacy while allowing ample ventilation. String lights through a lattice or trellis, hang tiny potted plants or herbs to make use of your balcony’s height or use climbing vines to create a green wall.
Start looking online with your budget in hand to get an idea of what products will cost and where you want to spend your money. For example, if you want to create an outside breakfast nook, all you need is a cafe table and a few foldable chairs. If you want to create a relaxing hangout spot outside, get an outdoor sofa with lots of pillows, some floor cushions or poofs for extra seating, and plenty of stringed solar lights and LED candles.
Determine how much you’re willing to spend on each item and where you’d like to splurge. Then go shopping at your favourite online or brick-and-mortar stores to make it happen!
Outdoor furniture can be found for a reasonable price at thrift stores, yard sales, and flea markets. Department stores, for example, may serve as one-stop shopping for all of your plant and outdoor furniture needs.
If you can’t go out to shop in person, there are many affordable online sites with great outdoor furniture and fashionable balcony decorations, such as World Market, Target, HomeGoods, IKEA, and, Amazon. You can also search around your residence for items that could be reused for your outside living space.
It’s time to start decorating after you are done finalizing your plan and making your purchases. To make the process easier and more orderly, start from the ground up and layer. Keep the following in mind while doing so:
- Rugs and Flooring: Remove any clutter, clean the area, and then place your rug or other flooring option.
- Furniture: Arrange sofas, chairs, tables, and other items until they’re in the perfect spot. The majority of cool balcony sitting ideas revolve around a single piece of furniture.
- Finish by adding your balcony decorations and accessories, such as plants or foliage, pillows, lamps, and wall hangings.
Everything you need to know about creating a low-budget balcony interior design in Aakulam and Kazhakootam is right here. It needs careful planning, the correct elements, and the assistance of a professional interior designer. Book a meeting with interior designers in trivandrum at VC Interiors to get started on your home’s interior design.